Dr. Ismat Beg
Dr. Ismat Beg is Professor of Mathematics at Lahore School of Economics. He is
also a HEC Distinguished National Professor and Honorary Full Professor,
Institute for Basic Research, Florida, (USA). He has PhD in Mathematics from
University of Bucharest with specialization in functional analysis and operator
theory. Dr. Beg is an internationally acknowledged scholar, researcher and
teacher in the field of mathematical sciences. He has served as Professor in
various prestigious Universities/Institutes nationally and internationally. Dr.
Beg is a Fellow of Pakistan Academy of Sciences. His research work (270
published research papers and three books) has great diversity and is well cited
by other researchers. His present research interests are in preference modeling
and multi-criteria decision making, fixed point theory, best approximations and
fuzzy relations/multi-valued functions. He has supervised twelve M. Phil.
dissertations, seven Ph.D. theses and ten post-doctoral researchers. He was
awarded Pakistan Academy of Sciences Gold Medal in 2008. He was also awarded
first prize in mathematics for research by National Book Council of Pakistan,
Government of Pakistan in 1986. He has completed as principal investigator
twelve research projects. He is an elected fellow of the Institute of
Mathematics and its Applications (UK), a Chartered Mathematician and a Chartered
Scientist. Dr. Beg is a senior member of London Mathematical Society. The access
to his research articles is provided by:
Professor Beg roles as teacher and mentor are also exceptional, and are felt
well beyond national boundaries. He has promoted the cause of mathematics in
general and of functional analysis in particular by organizing series of
symposia and conferences both national and regional. He is also member of board
of studies of several universities. He is member of Editorial Board of twelve
international journals. He is also a reviewer of Zentralblatt Fur Mathematik
(Germany), Mathematical Review (USA) and The Natural Sciences and Engineering
Research Council of Canada. Dr. Beg is a member of European Mathematical
Society, American Mathematical Society, International Federation of Nonlinear
Analysts, International Rough Set Society, Society for Mathematics of
Uncertainty, All Pakistan Mathematical Association and Punjab Mathematical
recent publications include:
• TOPSIS for hesitant fuzzy linguistic term sets, Int. J. Intelligent Systems,
28 (2013), 1162–1171.
• A generalized model of judgment and preference aggregation, Fuzzy Economic
Review, XVIII(1) (2013), 9-27.
• Fixed point in CAT(0) spaces, Functiones et Approximatio, 48(1) (2013) ,
• Common fuzzy fixed points for fuzzy mappings, Fixed Point Theory and Appl.,
2013(2013):14, 11 pages.
• Fixed point of a pair of contractive dominated mappings on a closed ball in an
ordered dislocated metric space, Fixed Point Theory and Appl., 2013 (2013):115,
• Fixed points of set valued graph contractions, J. Inequalities and Appl.,
2013(2013):252, 7 pages.
• A democratic preference aggregation model, J. Uncertainty Anal. and Appl., 1:5
(2013) 11 pages
• Fuzzy wavelets, J. Fuzzy Math., 21(3) (2013), 623-638.
• Aggregation operators of interval-valued 2-tuple linguistic information, Int.
J. Intelligent Systems, 29 (2014), 634–667.
• (φ,ψ)-Weak contractions in intuitionistic fuzzy metric spaces, J. Intelligent
and Fuzzy Systems, 26(5)(2014), 2497–2504.
• Multi-criteria trapezoidal valued intuitionistic fuzzy decision making with
Choquet integral based TOPSIS, OPSEARCH, 51(1) (2014), 98–129.
• Robot selection by using generalized interval valued fuzzy numbers with
TOPSIS, Applied Soft Computing, 21(2014), 462–468.
• An improved clustering algorithm using fuzzy relation for the performance
evaluation of humanistic systems, Int. J. Intelligent Systems, 29(12) (2014),
• Fixed points of Edelstein-type multivalued maps, Rendiconti del Circolo
Matematico di Palermo, 63(3) (2014), 399–407.
• Fuzzy relational calculus, Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences
Society (2) 37(1) (2014), 203-237.
• A hybrid technique for order preference in decision making, Mathematical
Problems in Engineering, 2015 (2015) Article ID 987972 (8 pages).
• Fixed point on a closed ball in ordered dislocated quasi metric spaces, Fixed
Point Theory, 16(2)(2015), 195–206.
• Fixed points of Suzuki type multifunctions on metric spaces, Rendiconti del
Circolo Matematico di Palermo, 64(2) (2015), 203–207.
• Fuzzy distance measure and fuzzy clustering algorithm, J. Interdisciplinary
Math., 18(5)(2015), 471–492.
• Hesitant 2-tuple linguistic information in multiple attributes group decision
making, J. Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, 30(2016), 109–116.
• Incomplete interval valued fuzzy preference relations, Information Sciences,
• I. Beg and T. Rashid: Intuitionistic fuzzy similarity measure: Theory and
applications, J. Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, 30(2016), 821–829.
• An intuitionistic 2-tuple linguistic information model and aggregation
operators, Int. J. Intelligent Systems, 31(2016), 569–592.
• Triangular dense fuzzy sets and new defuzzification methods, J. Intelligent
and Fuzzy Systems, 31(1) (2016), 469–477.
• Coincidence point of isotone mappings in partially ordered metric spaces,
Rendiconti del Circolo Matematico di Palermo, 65(2) (2016), 273–282.
• Aggregation methods for fuzzy judgments, Fuzzy Economic Review, 21(1) (2016),
• Modelling uncertainties in multi-criteria decision making using distance
measure and TOPSIS for hesitant fuzzy sets, J. Artificial Intelligence and Soft
Computing Research, 7(2)(2017), 103-109.
• Incomplete hesitant fuzzy preference relations in group decision making, Int.
J. Fuzzy Systems, 19(3)(2017), 637-645.
• A fuzzy similarity measure based on equivalence relation with application in
cluster analysis, Int. J. Computers and Applications, 39(3)(2017), 148-154.
• Hesitant probabilistic fuzzy linguistic sets with applications in
multi-criteria group decision making problems, Mathematics 6(4)(2018), Article
• Fixed points on ordered metric spaces with application in homotopy theory, J.
Fixed Point Theory and Applications, 20(2018), Article ID 21.
• α-type fuzzy H-contractive mappings in fuzzy metric spaces, Fixed Point
Theory, 19(2)(2018), 463-474.
• Human attitude analysis based on fuzzy soft differential equations with
Bonferroni mean, Computational and Applied Math., 37(3)(2018), 2632-2647.
• Soft pedal and influence based decision modeling, Int. J. Fuzzy Systems,
• Role of honesty and confined interpersonal influence in modelling
predilections, Soft Computing, (2019) in press.
© Lahore School of Economics 2020