Waqar Ahmed Wadho
Dr. Waqar Wadho is a Senior Research Fellow at the Center for Research in
Economics & Business (CREB), Lahore School of Economics. He holds a Ph.D in
Economics from GREQAM, Aix-Marseille School of Economics (AMSE), Aix-Marseille
University, France. His research focuses on corruption/rent-seeking, political
economy and the economics of innovation in the context of developing countries.
His recent research publications include:
• Young innovative companies and employment creation, evidence from the
Pakistani textiles sector. World Development, Volume 117, May 2019, pp 139-152
• Innovation and Firm Performance in Developing Countries: The case of Pakistani
Textiles and Apparel Manufacturers. Research Policy (2018), Volume 47, Issue 7,
• Rent-seeking, Government Size and Economic Growth. Economics & Politics
(2018), Volume 30, Issue 1, pp 151-179
• Corruption, Tax Evasion and the role of Wage Incentives with Endogenous
Monitoring Technology. Economic Inquiry (2016). Volume 54, Issue 1, pp 391-407
• Education, Rent seeking and the Curse of Natural Resources. Economics &
Politics (2014). Volume 26, Issue 1, pp 128-156
• Control Rights, Bureaucratic Corruption and the Allocation of Resources.
European Journal of Law and Economics (2013). Volume 35, Issue 1, pp 41-59.
For more details on his ongoing research projects and publications, visit Dr.
Wadho’s personal webpage at:
© Lahore School of Economics 2023