Vision, Mission and Values of the Lahore School of Economics
The Lahore School of Economics (The Lahore School) is
and will continue to be a leading nationally and internationally recognized
teaching and research degree granting institution/university specializing in
economics, finance, business administration and related disciplines. The Lahore
School will continue to create future leaders whose managerial abilities,
research and academic excellence contribute to making Pakistan a global pioneer
and assist the international community in finding sustainable and equitable
solutions to common challenges facing the world.
The Lahore School’s mission is to:
1. Offer world class undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degree programs in
economics, finance, business administration and related disciplines.
2. Produce world-class research in economics, finance, business administration
and related disciplines.
3. Enable students, researchers, faculty members, and professionals to pursue
excellence through emphasis on intellectual rigor, creativity, and critical
thinking in a collaborative and enabling environment.
4. Contribute towards the management of Pakistan’s economy and its constituent
institutions including the government sector, corporate and non- corporate
sector, financial institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
5. Support continuous professional development and growth of faculty,staff and
6. Ensure academic opportunity to all sections of society by providing generous
7. Be an academically independent institution without reliance on external
funding in an efficient not for profit environment.
The Lahore School community values
3. Social responsibility